The Intel P3700 NVMe Enterprise Performance PCIe SSDs are a new solid-state drive (SSD) series that offers high-performance data transfers from storage at speeds substantially quicker than SAS or SATA-based SSDs.
The Intel P3700 NVMe Enterprise Performance PCIe SSDs are built with an Intel-developed controller, firmware, and NAND flash memory manufactured using the industry’s best manufacturing method. Lenovo’s rigorous certification and compatibility testing provides a very dependable SSD.
High Endurance Technology (HET) enables the P3700 Series to accomplish up to 17 drive writes per day over a 5-year drive life by combining Flash NAND management methods with NAND silicon improvements.
Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) is a new PCIe 3.0 high-performance SSD technology with high I/O throughput and low latency. NVMe connections eliminate SAS/SATA bottlenecks and unlock the full potential of modern NAND flash memory.
Each NVMe PCI SSD features a direct PCIe 3.0 x4 connection, providing at least double the bandwidth and half the latency of SATA/SAS-based SSD systems. NVMe SSDs are also designed for intensive multi-threaded applications through the use of intrinsic parallelism and a variety of additional enhancements such as larger I/O queues.
The Intel P3700 NVMe SSDs include the following essential features:
- PCIe 3.0 direct connection Each NVMe disk has a PCIe 3.0 x4 connection with up to 4 GBps total throughput.
- I/O latency is low. The P3700 drives have an average read/write latency of 20 seconds.
- Sequential read speeds of up to 2800 MBps with 128 KB blocks and sequential write speeds of up to 2000 MBps with 128 KB blocks per drive.
- Up to 460,000 IOPS for random reads with 4 KB blocks and 175,000 IOPS for random writes with 4 KB blocks.
- A total of 65,536 I/O queues and 65,536 instructions per queue are available, resulting in excellent performance for massively multithreaded applications with sequential and random access.
- High Endurance Technology (HET): The P3700 drives contain High Endurance Technology (HET), which combines NAND silicon improvements with SSD NAND management approaches to extend SSD write endurance up to 17 disk writes per day (DWPD) for 5 years.
- There are disk capacities of 400 GB, 800 GB, 1.6 TB, and 2.0 TB available.
- Under operating system administration, there is support for software RAID.
- With supported operating systems, the hot add and hot delete functionalities are available.
- Most operating systems, including RHEL 6.5 and later, RHEL 7.0 and later, SLES 11 SP3, SLES 12, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, and VMware vSphere (ESXi) 5.5 and 6.0, support NVMe SSDs natively or via software drivers.
- NVMe SSDs are capable of serving as boot drives.